Safe Sedation at Mini Mouths
KEEPING OUR PATIENTS AT EASE DURING VISITS
HOW NITROUS OXIDE WORKS
Our office uses nitrous oxide, also known as “laughing gas,” to sedate our patients. It is breathed in through a small mask that is placed over the nose.
Here are a few facts you should know about nitrous oxide:
• It is recognized as an effective and safe sedation method.
• It will only take a few minutes to go into effect.
• It will not put the patient to sleep.
• It will make the patient feel calm and will even raise his / her pain threshold.
• If you think nitrous oxide might benefit your child for his or her next dental visit, ask us about our sedation services.