EMERGENCY CARE FROM OUR CORAL SPRINGS, BOCA RATON & PEMBROKE PINES DENTIST FOR KIDS
At Mini Mouths, we know that our patients may need our services after traditional business hours. If your child is experiencing a dental emergency, we advise you to immediately call our office at (954) 575-5488, (561) 218-4012 or (754) 217-4633 so that our dentist can be paged. We care about your child’s comfort and wellbeing, which is why we are here to assist you in your time of need.
As a parent, it is important that you are aware of how to handle a dental emergency. The steps your take right after a dental injury or incident can make all the difference when it comes to saving your child’s tooth. In the information below, we have outlined a few tips for handling various types of dental emergencies. It is crucial that you stay calm, follow these steps, and then take your child to the dentist as soon as possible!
Caution: You should not, under any circumstances, give your child aspirin for pain relief. It is best to give your child Tylenol (acetaminophen). If you have any questions, please get in touch with our dental staff.
Types of Dental Emergencies
CUT ON THE LIP, CHEEK, OR TONGUE
POSSIBLE BROKEN JAW
BLEEDING AFTER THE LOSS OF A BABY TOOTH
OBJECT CAUGHT BETWEEN TEETH
COLD OR CANKER SORES
Preventing Injuries & Dental Emergencies
There are many things you can do to prevent dental emergencies for your child. The more prepared you are, the less likely it is that an injury will occur.
Here are a few prevention tips:
• Keep young children buckled in their car seats or seat belts (depending on the child’s age)
• Make sure your home is child-proof so that falls are less likely to occur.
• Make your child wear a custom-fitted mouth guard if he or she is involved in contact sports.
• Keep your child from chewing foods that are very hard, such as popcorn kennels or ice.
• See to it that your child is brushing and flossing properly.
• Have your child visit the dentist regularly.