Early Orthodontic Treatment
WHAT’S INVOLVED IN EARLY TREATMENT?
- Create space for new permanent teeth.
- Discourage bad habits like thumb sucking, tongue thrusting, or teeth grinding.
- Correct bite issues like crossbite or underbite.
- Facilitate proper jawbone growth.
Mini Mouths Pediatric Dentistry & Orthodontics
DOES MY CHILD NEED EARLY TREATMENT?
As children may need early treatment for several reasons. Experienced pediatric dentists are always on the lookout for developmental problems and will recommend treatment in a prompt manner. Here’s a list of signs parents must be aware of:
- Early or late loss of baby teeth.
- A habit of breathing through the mouth.
- Thumb sucking habit that lingers beyond the first five years.
- Protruding top or bottom teeth.
- Speech problems.
- Teeth that don’t come together correctly or at all.
- Jaw shifting when a child opens or closes their mouth.
- Crowded front teeth.
These are common early childhood problems that may require early orthodontic treatment. It is easier to address them early before a child has a full set of grown teeth. A dentist may follow up with phase two or regular orthodontics treatment when you visit our pediatric dentist in Coral Springs, FL
WHAT CAUSES ORTHODONTIC PROBLEMS?
BENEFITS OF EARLY ORTHODONTICS FOR KIDS
These treatments are effective because your child’s jaw is still developing. It isn’t set or hardened, which makes it easier for us to direct its growth. Dentists can now correct jaw or dental arch position issues early while reducing the need for complex, invasive surgeries later on. A more comprehensive adolescent treatment involving regular braces will be sufficient.
BRACES FOR KIDS have also come a long way, and modern day braces are more comfortable, attractive, and efficient, which means young patients will have an easier time with them. This, along with proper oral hygiene, helps in dental development.
If you want professional advice on orthodontics for kids, Mini Mouths Dentistry for Kids can help. We have offices at Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, and Coral Springs, FL.