Pediatric Dentist Boca Raton – Mini Mouth Dentistry for Kids
Children need regular and consistent dental care to develop correctly. Experts recommend taking a child in for a check-up as soon as they sprout a tooth. As an experienced PEDIATRIC DENTIST IN BOCA RATON, we always offer straightforward advice to all parents during appointments. With the help of parents and dentists, children can discard bad habits, maintain proper oral hygiene, and have stable dental development.
What Should You Expect from a Pediatric Dentist?
A qualified pediatric dentist is familiar with the issues that children of all ages can develop as they grow. Here’s a look at what you can expect when you bring a child to our clinic:
- Check-Up – Our dentist will first physically examine the child’s mouth, jaw, tongue, and teeth to look for any developmental problems. Pediatric dentists are trained to identify early signs of improper jaw development, impaction, cavities, overbites, underbites, misalignments, etc. All of our observations are recorded carefully so our dentist can monitor growth over the long term.
- Clean-Up – Children are just learning to brush their teeth and have proper oral hygiene. They don’t brush as efficiently as most adults do, which is why they are more vulnerable to cavities. We gently clean up all lingering plaque or tartar to ensure there’s nothing to cause decay.
- Development Issues – If our dentist sees signs of developmental issues, she will start working on a treatment plan. It is easier to fix these problems early when the child’s jaw structure and teeth are still in the growth phase. Many of these issues are more difficult to correct when the child is in their late teens and has a settled oral structure.
- Cavities – A large number of American children develop cavities. This happens due to bad dietary habits or poor dental hygiene. It is never a good idea to ignore tooth decay, even in a child’s milk teeth, because the decay can quickly spread to permanent ones later. We remove all damaged dental matter and add a filing to ensure the tooth is structurally sound.
- Orthodontics – If a child has crooked teeth, overbite, or other such issues, we recommend orthodontic treatment. Our dentist carefully examines your kid’s jawbone, teeth, and overall oral health before recommending braces or Invisalign.
Regular visits to a PEDIATRIC DENTIST IN BOCA RATON can help children develop healthy teeth, gums, and jaw. Starting these visits early also helps them become more comfortable in a doctor’s presence, which ensures they don’t make much fuss during treatments.
As an established pediatric clinic, we make sure all children are comfortable, happy, and engaged. Our dentist has a great personality and knows how to keep kids calm during treatments. She also educates her patients during every appointment, helping them learn good oral habits and avoid issues like tongue thrusting, thumb sucking, or teeth grinding.
If you want professional advice from an experienced PEDIATRIC DENTIST IN BOCA RATON, MINI MOUTHS DENTISTRY FOR KIDS can help. We have offices at Boca Raton, Pembroke Pines, and Coral Springs.